Friday 20 January 2012

Tea Cup Purse!

Pin It Now! Today I decided to have an adventure and learn something new! Have you seen the amzing, gorgeous Tea Cup Purses by Patchwork Pottery?  If not you are truly missing out. Head over to her blog here:
http://patchworkpottery.blogspot.com/  check out her Gallery on the left hand side of the page and you will see tons of her awesome creations.


Her pattern for the tea cup purse is in the book Pretty Little Purses and Pouches. So if you want the pattern go grab the book!


This was certainly a whole new set of skills for me. I have never sewn a zipper (I have somehow managed to avoid it!!) I quilted it myself using a darning foot, which I have also never used, on my lovely Janome 4100QDC which I love and whose name is Winter


I also played around with printable fabric to make the lovely Tea Time strip across it.


Now it is definitely not perfect, but I like it. I would definitely try this again although I might change a couple things to make it work better for me. I think I will hand sew the zipper in next time as it was just too thick! Might add some more embelishments and will add more pockets ( I added one to this, there was no part in the pattern about it though).


All in all it was fun!




Off to work on Dear Jane, have a cuppa tea and maybe make something else on my machine Winter tonight!

Happy Stitching!
Kallie

2 comments:

  1. This is cute, I've had one of her purses pinned on pinterest for almost a year and only just researched for the pattern today. I want to make a bunch for my sisters for favors for my baby shower (2nd baby, smaller event - but still a big ask LOL. Wish me luck!) www.cassthecoolest.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS you can buy the instant download pattern for this purse from her blog or craftsy without waiting for the book ;)

    ReplyDelete