Wednesday 18 January 2012

Trucking Along

Pin It Now! Good Morning!

While it is still fridgid here in Calgary I have been busy working on Dear Jane. I was able to complete 2 more blocks on monday and mostly completed one more block yesterday/today before work.

Meet blocks B1 and B13. B1 was my first attempt at applique in any form and I used a reverse applique process on it. I love. love, love, the polka dots. Someone had asked in the forum on Quilting Board that I am in about the lines you can see behind the white and it is just my freezer paper. I am leaving it on so that when I start sewing together the seam line is the exact as can be.

I have picked up the rest of my colours for fabric and have printed out my templates up to block D11.

There is a lovely cyber quilt along for Dear Jane at this thread on the Quilting Board http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html

You can see all the cute blocks as people post them and there is a wonderful calendar showing which blocks to do when how easy or hard they are and there are even breaks built into the schedule. Of course you can work at your own pace and I have jumped ahead a bit to work with the fabric colours I had oon hand. Definitely go and check it out!


As for me I am going to go have a cuppa tea, watch sunday's episode of Once Upon a Time and stitch a little before I head off to work!

Happy Stitching!
Kallie

No comments:

Post a Comment