Wednesday 22 August 2012

Future Projects

Pin It Now! So this is my wish list of future projects. Some I have what I need for it and others are just ideas :)

Cathedral Windows
I know I have talked about this one before! I LOVE the look of Cathedral Windows quilts. They just amaze me and are so beautiful
Here is a lovely Flickr group that has tons and tons of cathedral windows quilt ideas!

In Full Bloom
Have you seen any of McKenna Ryan's Quilt Patterns or Kits? If you like fusible applique or just jaw dropping stunning quilts go to her website here: Pine Needles- McKenna Ryan
This quilt is available as a block of the month through Hamels Fabric and Quilting : http://www.hamelsfabrics.com/ which is an on-line Canadian store. My mom is absolutely in love with this quilt but will never ever do it. She hates appliqué. So I think I am going to be a super awesome (and crazy!) daughter and make this for her. Likely not any-time soon but I think I will order the BOM shortly. She will hopefully get it for next Christmas (or maybe the one after!! haha)
In Full Bloom Complete Set

Fleur
I picked this stunning quilt kit up at the Hamel's Fabric and Quilting booth at Heritage Park Quilt Festival here in Calgary in May. I could not just walk away and of course they only had one left at the booth.
I am completely in love. Looks like fairly easy appliqué but the colours are just to die for. If you want one they are still selling some kits in their shop online Fleur Quilt Kit
Fleur Quilt Kit
Fleur Quilt Kit


Vintage Tin-By Crabapple Hill

I really want to make this quilt for my dad to hang in or near his garage. I would change the license plates to Canadian ones, and ones that my dad has in the garage. Basically anything American on it will be changed into Canadian. But otherwise I would stick to the pattern. Isn't it so deliciously guy-ish? I mean really what garage and car tinkering guy would turn this beauty down! haha!!
Pattern available here Crabapple Hill- Vintage Tin



So these are just a couple on my wish list and I hope they have inspired you as well!!

What's on your wish list?

Happy Stitching!!

Kallie

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous projects, every single one. Isn't it too bad we don't have 18-20 hours a day for our stitching? I'd be sitting around with a huge smile on my face, stitching happily.

    ReplyDelete