Sunday 30 September 2012

Just Take a Deep Breath and...

Pin It Now!

Jump right in! That is exactly what I needed to do to start free motion quilting on my machine. I have been watching tons of Craftsy classes and finally felt a little prepared to start doing this on my home machine. Now  I have used a long arm machine before and love it!! Eventually I will purchase one once we have a home of our own and the space to do so. (read: not in the near future!) So I needed to learn to do it myself at home on my lovely Janome- Winter.

I spray basted, for the first time, and I think I love it. It was a little hard to do on my little balcony outside but it worked and so far no tucks or pinches of fabric that I have found! Hurray! I guess I should tell you what quilt I am quilting! Haha! It is called Baby Love and its a pattern from my local quilt shop that was in a kit. It will be for my wee niece for her first Christmas as she seems to have fallen in love with the one I did for her brother and won't go to sleep without it (and she is only almost 6 months old! )
There is always a cat to be helping out! 
You can see the pattern I traced out
I am not done the quilting yet I have completed 10 out of 20 blocks to quilt plus the small details to do but it is a start!!
And here it is quilted. The lines are not the straightest of the best but its a start!
I am debating about doing the same quilting in the blocks between but I am not sure if it will be too dense for a baby quilt. 


Rubies, Diamonds and Garnets Too
Progress is happening on Rubies, Diamonds! I have added the borders to the quilt and plan on putting hexie flowers on 5 of the 9 blank squares.  (The ones on there now are not sewn on yet)



Please ignore the mess. I was shoving things out of the way to try and take pictures and its a very small apartment!
Dresdens are going in the other 4 blank spots! They were so fun and quick to make, I could not believe it! I definitely need to make a dresden plate quilt now!!

Aurifil BOM

Have you ever been at the point where you put off doing something for a super long time because it seems like it will take a long time? But when you actually do just sit down and make yourself do it, the projects goes by super quick and you enjoy every minute? Well that was me with the july-september Aurifil BOM stitcheries. I just could not get into it and had to make myself just do it. I am super happy I did because I now love them and its one  three more things off my to do list!

July
August- Still need to add some words


September






And now it is bedtime according to my little kitty! So happy stitching everyone!!

Kallie












1 comment:

  1. Your machine quilting is wonderful....and I LOVE those red Dresden Plates!

    ReplyDelete